Tax Forms and Assistance
Visit the IRS website for more information and to find printable forms and instructions.
Tax Assistance by Appointment
While the AARP tax help appointments are now here at the Everett Library, you can still get free tax help at the Seattle Public Library at branches throughout the city. This is made possible through a partnership with AARP and the United Way of King County.
Additional appointments are available through the United Way in other locations.
- Have questions about the AARP tax aide service or eligibility? Call AARP customer service at 888-687-2277.
Essential Documents for Your Appointment
For a complete list of documents, please visit aarpfoundation.org/taxaide
- Picture ID for the taxpayer(s) on the return
- Social Security cards or ITIN documentation for all listed on the return
- Copy of last year’s return
- Income documents (such as W2, SSA, 1099 forms, self-employment income, or any other relevant documents
- Brokerage statements (sale of stocks or bonds)
- Mortgage interest, medical, dental, charitable donations, business or property taxes
- Records of federal and state taxes paid
- Educational expenses (form 1098-T and expense receipts)
- Bank check for direct deposit of refund or debit of balance due
- Healthcare forms (1095 A, B, or C, as well as marketplace exemption letters)
Tax Assistance Locations
(For people with income of less than $66,000)
Edmonds Community College
Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 206
20000 68th Ave. W, Lynnwood
Jan. 21 - April 13
Mon. & Thurs., 5 - 7 p.m.*
Fri., 2 - 5 p.m.*
Everett - Goodwill
South Everett Goodwill Job Training & Education Center
210 SW Everett Mall Way, Suite D, Everett
Jan. 20 - April 15
Mon., Tues., & Wed. 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.*
Everett - United Way
United Way of Snohomish County
3120 McDougall Ave., Suite 200, Everett
Jan. 27 - April 12
Sat. & Sun., 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.*
Everett - The Village
14 E Casino Rd., Bldg. D, Everett
Jan. 23 - April 14
Tues., Thurs., & Sat., 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.*
AARP TAX AIDE
(For low to moderate income taxpayers)
Everett- Everett Public Library
2702 Hoyt Ave NE, Everett
Feb. 4- April 14
Tues. & Wed. 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
Everett- Mariner Library
520 128th St SW
Suites A9 & A10, Everett
Jan. 30-April 14
Tues. & Thurs. 11 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Sat. 10 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Lynnwood- Lynnwood Public Library
19200 44th Ave W
Mon. 12:15- 7 p.m.
Sat. 9:15- 4 p.m.