Get a Library Card
- Live in Snohomish, Island, or King County (except Woodway, Hunts Point, or Yarrow Point)
- Work in Everett city limits
- Own property or a business in Everett city limits
Still unsure if you are eligible? Please email our Circulation department at LibCirc@everettwa.gov with questions.
- Photo identification, such as a driver’s license or state ID card
- Proof of current address (an up-to-date driver’s license or state ID card can meet both requirements)
- Parent permission and signature if you are under 18
Online ApplicationYou can submit a library card application online to gain immediate access to our electronic resources (you will need to verify your account at the library before checking out physical materials), or you can complete a library card application in person at our Main Library or Evergreen Branch.
Check-Out Periods #usingyourcard
Most materials … 3 weeks
Discover passes … 1 week
Book group sets … 60 days
Most library materials automatically renew up to two times if they are not reserved for another patron.
Circulating material currently checked out or on shelf at another location may be reserved.
Notification will be sent by email, telephone or mail, and items will be held for 7 days. You may have up to 30 items reserved at any one time.
Daily Late Fines
The Library no longer charges daily late fines.
The library is a community resource. Please return materials by the due date so that others may use them.
The library sends reminder notices by your preferred notification method (email, telephone, or mail). When items are 28 days past due a bill is sent for the price of each item plus a $3.50 per item processing fee.
The replacement cost and processing fee of items returned within nine months will be waived off your account.
If you accumulate $50 or more in fines, access to library services will be restricted.
Material Type Hold & Check-Out Limits
- 100 total item check-out limit
- 10 Books on CD
- 10 DVDs
- 25 Magazines
- 10 Music CDs
- 5 Playaways