Chromebooks and Wi-Fi Hotspots
Everett Public Library makes Chromebooks and Wi-Fi hotspots available to community members who need technology and internet access beyond the library walls. Chromebook computers and Wi-Fi Hotspots may be checked out for three weeks.
Chromebooks are pre-loaded with many apps to help students, job seekers, and the general public navigate online resources. Hotspots provide data service to connect Chromebooks, smart phones, tablets and other devices to the Internet. Chromebooks and Hotspots can be checked out together or separately.
Chromebook and Wi-Fi Hotspots FAQ
Who can check out a Chromebook or Hotspot?
- Anyone with an Everett Public Library card in good standing.
- Borrowers need to sign a Checkout Agreement. Patrons under 18 years of age need to have a parent signature.
- To sign up for a Library Card, click here.
How do I check out a Chromebook or Hotspot?
- Click Here to Reserve a Chromebook
- Click Here to Reserve a Hotspot
- Or, call us at 425-257-8000 to reserve a device.
How long can I keep the device? Can I renew it?
- The devices are available for a 3 week checkout with the possibility of renewing 2 times if no one is on the waitlist.
How do I return the Chromebook or Hotspot?
- Please return the device in person to a staff member. They will check that all of the parts are present. Please do not return devices in the book drop.
Will my documents or personal information stay on the Chromebook after I return it?
- No, when you manually click to Exit Session or Log Out, all of your history and files are cleared from the Chromebook.
What if I need help with the Chromebook?
- The Library has created a comprehensive quick start guide to assist you with using the Chromebook. The Guide is available here and will be provided at checkout.
- Request a 30- or 60-minute Book-a-Librarian appointment for one-on-one tech assistance.
- Here is a series of short Chromebook How-To Videos
- Check out these Interactive tutorials
- Explore the Google Help page for Chromebooks
Chromebook and Wi-Fi Hotspot User Survey
Please take a few moments to share your feedback about the Everett Public Library Chromebook and Wi-Fi Hotspot program.